Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yawn!

It's Day 2 of the early morning shift. I've been waking up naturally extra early which is good since my job requires a fair bit of preparation - I've been going to work at 3:45 am the past few days and it seems to be working - you get so much accomplished when you're the only person in the building.
But it also means I'll be going to bed extra early - I'm sleeping at 8:30/9 pm. Considering I'm more likely to be watching TV at 2:45 am than getting up, it's a huge change for me.
Physically, it's a challenge. I really can't eat much past 5 pm and no matter what I eat, my stomach isn't terribly happy about it. Once I get back to my normal work hours, I'll feel better.
Of course, that isn't stopping me from munching and drinking. Bought some Christmas appetizers today - chicken wings, mini quiches and oriental-style goodies such as eggrolls, potstickers and spring rolls. It's fun to make a meal of those things every so often. And of course, I've been drinking lots of teas, including a green tea from Tazo that features ginger and pear - quite pleasant. Can't remember the name of it right now. I bought a box of Celestial Seasonings Candy Lane Lane, which is a decaf green with a creamy mint flavor - a nice tea to have before bed. I may get another box since it's only sold at Christmas time but would be nice at any time of the year.
And remember all that snow we had on Sunday? T'is gone. It's now raining. And that's winter on the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment