Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry ah-ah-chooo!

Yep. My cold has really come alive for this festive season. It even gives me a charming cherry red nose - and all these years I thought Santa had one because of the cold weather!
Time for plenty of soup, hot tea and one of those lemon-based cold medicines that you drink hot from a cup. They work as well as anything else. There are worse things than not being able to go shopping when you're sick at Christmas (yay, no mall crowds!) but I do need to work since we're short-staffed (aka I'm the only one left in the department) and I don't want to spread my sneezy joy to others on staff. Fortunately, I can finish up early and get out out before the most of the rest of the crew arrives. Also, I do want to do some visiting over the next few days and deliver presents to some shut-in family members so I want this cold to leave right away - vamoose! Well, I don't know if Mr. Cold will listen but I will do my best to make sure it does. Otherwise, someone else is going to be delivering those presents this year. I will not deliver germs.
I'm drinking the Ginger pear concoction from Tazo and Orange spice teas. I think some Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane will be my choice for the evening - minty teas are nice for colds because of the lovely mint scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment