Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two more wakeups ...

It's quarter to seven in the evening and I could crawl into bed right now, I'm that tired. Of course, it doesn't help that I spent the afternoon roaming around malls looking for bargains; I scored another box of Candy Cane Lane tea, a new drinking glass from the Dollarama and a half-eaten sandwich left from the lunch I bought with a gift card - great sandwich but it was huge!
The good thing is that I am officially sick of shopping and not a moment too soon. I have plenty of everything and I plan to go lean during January. There's nothing I really need, except some heating oil in another week's time so I want to see how long I can go without spending any money, besides fruit, vegetables, milk and bread. I may not reveal my progress publicly since my results are usually pretty embarrassing - not shopping for 3 or 4 days is usually my limit but who knows - maybe I'll do better this time.
When I first started the early morning shift, I would start the day with full strength coffee and by the end of the first week, I paid the price digestively. I've been starting the day off with tea ever since and it has made a real difference - I'm actually more alert but calmer, if that makes any sense. My tummy and throat are a lot happier too. Speaking of tea, I've become a real fan of Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane tea - it's a decaf green tea flavored with peppermint and vanilla. It's only available during the Christmas season. It's milder and much more soothing than regular mint tea - it tastes like a mint cream. Plus the fact it's decaffeinated make a great tea for evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment