Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like ....

I'm going to have to shovel pretty soon. We went to the market, got the stollen, which hasn't yet been attacked (and I have no idea why we're being so civilized), a half-dozen of the best, butterlicious cranberry scones and a pile of vegetables - potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. We purchased some lemons for lemonade at the grocery store but we finished our shopping early because the weather went from fine to a blizzard within a half-hour. So much for the occasional snow flurry that was predicted.
It's a great day to be home though. Hot drinks and cold weather are a perfect match. When we came home, I tried an envelop of Land o Lakes French Vanilla hot chocolate that I picked up at the Local Bulk Barn. It wasn't quite what I expected - I didn't really get a vanilla flavor but rather, a rich, buttery flavor, but hey - what's Land O Lakes known for? Butter. Butter and chocolate are an interesting and tasty combination although I can't imagine drinking this one in the early morning hours. I bet it would be dynamite with shortbread cookies.
And I wonder why I'm gaining weight ....

No comments:

Post a Comment