Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sick

I am sitting here at 2:30 in the afternoon with my pretty new fluffy purple Boxing Day bathrobe on. This is not something I normally do. I am usually dressed by the time my feet hit the floor and tend to cringe at the idea of lounging around in my jammies all day. But I'll make an exception for today. This cold is going nowhere and seems to be enjoying my company - I can't say the same. Add to the fact that it's a gray, grim, rainy day outside and you have a recipe for a stay-at-home sick day. I am even considering calling in sick for work tomorrow - haven't done that in a long time. Figured it's as good as day as any for my first annual top 10 new to me tea list - 2009 edition. Here it goes in no particular order:
1. Blood Orange Tea - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
2. White Tea Secrets - theteatable.com (loose white)
3. Earl Grey Creme Vanilla Season's Pick - Upton Tea (loose black)
4. Baker Street Blend Afternoon - Upton Tea (loose black)
5. Decaffeinated Strawberry - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
6. Decaffeinated Earl Grey - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
7. Decaffeinated English Breakfast - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
8. Candy Cane Lane - Celestial Seasonings (bagged decaf green tea with peppermint, vanilla)
9. Golden Nepal - theteatable.com (loose black darjeeling style)
10. White grapefruit - Upton Tea (loose white)

Those teas were all new to me - here's my all-time top 10 favorite list:
1. Orange Spice - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
2. Orange Spice - Stash Tea (bagged black)
3. Earl Grey Creme Vanilla Season's Pick - Upton Tea (loose black)
4. New England Harvest Blend - Upton Tea (loose black)
5. Decaffeinated Strawberry - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
6. Decaffeinated Earl Grey - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
7. Plum Tea - Metropolitan Tea (loose black)
8. Spring Pouchong - Metropolitan Tea (loose oolong)
9. Paris - Harney Tea (loose black)
10. Tropical Green - Harney Tea (bagged green)

Runners-up include Illam (Metropolitan Tea), a black loose darjeeling tea from Nepal, decaffeinated English Breakfast from Metropolitan Tea, blackcurrent black loose tea from Matropolitan Tea and darjeelings and pouchongs in general. This year's goal includes finding the ultimate darjeeling and a serviceable lemon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment