Friday, January 29, 2010

It's snowing!

Sigh. I knew the good weather had to end eventually. It snowed early this morning and on my way home, it started storming again. We may get another 10 cm tonight - and with a temperature of -6 C, there's no way to avoid it this time. I guess winter has finally arrived.
I'm waiting for a homemade pizza to cook and I think, for dessert, I may have to have a cup of hot chocolate - just because it's a winter thing to do. I have a package of Gourmet Village Orange Hot Chocolate set aside - at a $1.59 plus tax for a single package, it only gets drunk on special wintery nights. And yes, it's worth every penny. Next to Ghiradelli's double chocolate, it's the best hot chocolate out there. In third place, I'd give it to good old Tim Horton's - I usually buy a can every fall to get me through the winter. Has anyone tried Green and Black's Organic Hot Chocolate? I've seen it at Shoppers but it's pretty expensive. I do like their chocolate bars though, especially the milk chocolate almond and the Maya Gold.

6 comments:

  1. We got the snow too... I think it looks great this morning. And there's not that much to shovel or plow since the wind blew it all away! I plan to stay inside today near a fire, it's pretty cold outside!!

    I love the Gourmet Village stuff! I have some creme brulee hot chocolate I am waiting for a special occasion to drink too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there's not much here either - we just went so long without that any snow seems odd now.
    The orange truffle hot chocolate was delish - haven't tried the creme brulee yet - may have to pick up a package the next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Green & Blacks hot chocolate but i'd snatch it up in a minute! lol! I absolutely LOVE their chocolate bars... they're SOOO good.. yum! The Maya Gold is my fave too!

    www.halfdozendaily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green and Blacks hot Chocolate is like 11 bucks a bottle - but I'm sure it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, do you collect Optimum points? You could redeem them for the hot chocolate, then wouldn't feel guilty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do and I had $75 saved up - so I spent it on lunch stuff and topping up the home first aid kit, replenishing stuff like cold medications. That stuff really adds up and can catch you off guard. However, I am half-way to $10 so I may spend those points on a bottle of Green and Blacks - I wouldn't mind spending a buck!

    ReplyDelete