Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to work!

Today was my first day back this week and while my performance was singularly unimpressive, I think they were just happy to see me - you can only go shorthanded for so long! We're now back to full-strength and that should make everything move a little easier. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be more productive - I don't feel right when I can't give my all to whatever I'm working on. Found out what some people did over their holidays - good grief! Some people can do so much and be so productive. I admire that. Maybe it's time for me to find a new project to sink my teeth into so I can at least rev up my enthusiasm again. I did write a short story over the weekend so maybe that's a start. I've become comfortable and lazy recently and I've got to get out of my little rut. I've added yet another regular listing to my post, thanks to Canadian Saver - things that make me happy. What a great thing to remember!

What made me happy today: 1. Receiving a new book in the mail to review - one I really wanted to read. 2. Getting a really nice reception at work after being off sick for two days.
Weather: Temperature: 0 C, cloudy, no snow,
Teas drunk: Stash Orange Spice bagged, Harney tropical Green, Ti Kuan Yin
Money Spent: $10 for Tim's large decaf coffee with cream, 8 yogurt, 2 grapefruit, 2 tomatoes, 2 loaves of bread at the grocery store
Work done: worked 10 am to 6 pm at regular job; made six tomato, cheese and beef pasta lunches from one bag of rigatoni, half bottle of sauce, mozzarella and leftover hamburger from supper. Six lunches that I have stored in the freezer for about $3.25 - cheaper and tastier than store-bought frozen meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment