Saturday, October 10, 2009

Eeeww!

Isn't it funny how something that's delicious to one person can be completely repulsive to someone else? I read once that a Hollywood star was completely sickened by a person who ate fried egg sandwiches with ketchup - and that's one of my favorite meals! In fact, I just finished having one for breakfast. As for me, I am completely nauseated when I see someone dunking and dipping their food, whether it be biscotti into coffee or carrot sticks into a dip. Yuck! There could be crumbs in your coffee! Why would you want to ruin the taste of carrots with some sort of creamy crap? I just don't get it.
OK, most people would probably consider me to be the weird one but dunking and dipping is just not in the cards for me. I like my foods plain - toast maybe with a smear of butter or some grapefruit marmalade but never dunked into a drink. I'll have my vegetables plain, thank you and forget about that dip for the chips - I think they're tasty enough on their own. Yes, I even forgo the salad dressing - I just don't get why people would want to ruin the taste of their food with the flavor of something else. Even sauce on ice cream doesn't work for me - I want the ice cream plain. I do make a few exceptions - such as that ketchup on a fried egg sandwich but you know what? That's the only thing I'll eat ketchup on. Fries are much better on their own, with no ketchup. I eat hamburgers and hot dogs with no condiments. I will have butter, marmalade or peanut butter on toast but not much else. If someone told me I could not ever have a sauce, jam or dip ever again, I wouldn't miss any of them.
But here's the real irony - I make great jams, relishes, sauces and salad dressing for others! It's to the point that people have told me that I could probably sell them and I have considered it. I just don't know if it's a business that I could get excited about - making products that I don't eat.
So just out of curiosity, are there foods that you can't stand to see people eat? Are there thing you make that others love but which you can't stand to eat?

1 comment:

  1. My husband makes a breakfast concoction that my kids dubbed "Guinea throwup" You scramble eggs in tomato sauce and pour it over cubes of stale bread. If I don't have to see it, it is good. We made him eat it in another room.

    ReplyDelete