Monday, October 5, 2009

Booked!

I saw this meme at Saving4Later but it originally came from Book Sanctuary - and now I plan to answer it too!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
No, even though I like to snack while I'm doing everything else. It could have something to do with the fact I do most of my fun reading in bed and I can't stand crumbs in the sheets.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
The only marking that should ever appear in a book would be the author's signature on a first edition.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?Laying the book flat open?
I use bookmarks or any available piece of paper.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both. In fiction, mainly murder mysteries, thrillers and ghost stories. In non-fiction, I'll read pretty much anything.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
About 98 per cent hard copy. The audiobooks come out on long car rides, which I rarely take any more thanks to the price of gas.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I read until the end of a chapter. Overly long chapters annoy me and I tend not to go back to the book if it's kept me reading longer than I like.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I try to figure it out by context but if that doesn't work, I'll look it up at the next possible convenience.

What are you currently reading?
Basement Suite by Susan M. Farrell and a big book on Ghosts by Hanz Holtzer.

What is the last book you bought?
Liquid Jade which is a book on the history of tea.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
I prefer to read one book at a time but I usually have a couple on the go.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I like to read in bed, just before I sleep. There is something especially gratifying about hearing the rain fall or the wind blowing in a quiet house late at night, with a good book.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I like 'em all.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
If I find another murder mystery fan, I usually recommend Sue Grafton's alphabet mysteries, Laura Child's tearoom mysteries and Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston's archeological thrillers - the kind of books that keep you reading all night.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
Whatever fits into whatever available space.

No comments:

Post a Comment