Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September comes in .... like September

This week, we're enjoying the cuisines of the world - homemade Chinese food Sunday night, Mexican on Monday and Greek tonight with souvlakie (and I'm sure that's not how you spell it), oven roasted potatoes and salad with lettuce from my garden and topped with a yogurt dressing - made with my own yogurt that I made last night! It's the stuff that I made in the crockpot and it's delicious!
Tomorrow night will be Italian night and I'm making pizza dough right now so it will be ready for toppings tomorrow evening. There is something truly satisfying about making your own stuff - even the salad tasted better with its few odd leafs from the garden.
Teas are definitely getting more seasonal - had pumpkin spice at Timmy this morning. It's definitely one of the nicer bagged teas around - I'd recommend it. Right now, I'm pondering a cup of chocolate cream decaf while I wait for my dough to do its stuff. That might be one of my better ideas today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment