Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday!

This week flew by but I'm still glad it's over. I'm in need of some serious "me" time - by nature, I'm a loner, who tends to get overwhelmed by being around a lot of people. Some people say this is shyness but I'm really not shy - more reserved than anything. I'm quite happy being alone and doing things by myself, which a lot of people don't understand. Case in point - I've had a cellphone since they became popular but I still leave the house 90 per cent of the time without it and I rarely turn it on. I view it as an emergency device whereas others use it so they can always be in contact with others. Most of the time, I'm quite happy not to be in contact with others. I like the idea of times when people can't reach me - I think it's unhealthy to be always on a electronic leash. It's not that I don't like people - I just need time to myself alot more than most.

But today, I did take some time to be social by going to the Farmers Market where I know just about everybody. There was lots of great stuff besides - pears, apple, plums, carrots, potatoes, green tomatoes, garlic, lettuce and chocolate croissants. Yeah, I know the last is not a vegetable but I can't be virtuous all the time. I'm drinking some fair trade decaf right now which isn't too bad.

As for the rest of the day, I plan to stay out of the shops, drink jasmine tea that a friend gave me to try and just get in touch - with myself. And the laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Introverts Unite! I only use my cell phones for emergencies, too. My kids think I am crazy.

    ReplyDelete