Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall is in the air

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday here but you can feel the fall in the air. I decided to put away the summery clothes today and bring back the fall/winter stuff - always a tad depressing. We're going to a barbecue tonight and part of me is hoping that we won't be eating outside - the nights for that now seem to be past. It does seem as though the cooler weather is going to settle in more quickly this year and there's not much you can do about that.
I'm back to drinking decaf Starbucks and my orange flavored teas - more signs of the changing seasons. I'm quite cheered by the fact that six of the last nine days have been no-spending days - only two days left to pay day and I still have $8 left so there should be no problems there. I have to confess to doing some online browsing - but as long as I don't put anything in the shopping cart, I'll be OK. It's good for me to tame my shopping demons - I have everything I need already and retail therapy doesn't solve any problems - if anything, it creates them.

No comments:

Post a Comment