Saturday, November 28, 2009

No Spending from the Big Spender!

The past two days I haven't opened my wallet - am cutting back after the spending frenzy in the Big City! But I have been enjoying and using my purchases - which is the whole point of shopping anyway. I tried the Twinnings Green Tea with grapefruit and pineapple - very nice! It tends to have more pineapple than grapefruit flavor but pineapple in green tea is quite tasty anyway. Harney's makes a really nice one called Tropical Green and that one along with the Twinnings would be great for those who aren't fond of green tea but who want to start drinking it for health reasons. I drink it without sugar but for those who do, it would probably work well with a teaspoon or two. I would recommend it. It's a nice morning tea and would probably work really well as an iced tea.
When I visit the big city, I love to visit the large bookstores because of the variety of books offered and the accompanying coffee and tea shops, usually Starbucks. The past few times, I have noticed that when I've gone into these mega-bookstores, I usually check out the sale books, magazines and then head to the coffee shop. For some reason, the sheer variety has been overwhelming me and I tend to leave with nothing. I don't know if it's a sign of old age or that I really prefer smaller shops. Anyway, even with the large shops available, most of my book shopping is done these days online, where I can sit, sip tea and browse for hours - or even weeks. I tend to fill a shopping cart over a matter of weeks and then, on the day I finally order, weed out the unnecessary books, cds and dvds, until I meet an arbitrary budget number, usually between $50 and $100. This can take a while, since I sometimes have $500 or more in my cart! In fact, if I ever win a lottery, my first indulgence is going to be a shopping spree at one of these online bookstores with no cart editing! Otherwise, I buying from smaller local retailers and use the library a lot. You may have guessed by now that books are pretty essential to me - I read at least one a week and sometimes as many as four.

No comments:

Post a Comment