Monday, July 13, 2009

The vacation has begun!

On Saturday, we went up to see Paul McCartney who was every bit as good as everyone had predicted. It was a perfect day - bright, sunny and warm although it did cool down substantially in the evening - which discouraged the mosquitoes and black flies so it worked out well. McCartney and his band played wonderfully, including a lot of my favorite songs - definitely one of the best concerts I've seen.
While there, we stayed in American-based hotel chain which featured a big basket of Bigelow teas during the continental breakfast, so I've been trying them ever since. There was little time for tea shopping in Halifax although I did get a small container of Golden Oolong from a Chinese tea shop and a package of Citrus green tea bags from Second Cup. Haven't tried the oolong yet but the Second Cup Citrus green tea bags weren't bad - and that's saying a lot since I've been usually disappointed with their teas in the past. This tea tends towards lemon, which I was looking for anyway. At the hotel, I tried the regular Bigelow blend, which I've never seen around here before - what a shame - it's pretty good. I may have to order a box - it's just a good basic black tea blend. I had the Bigelow Lemon Lift earlier today - it was OK but not something I'd go out of my way to get. I'm now drinking the Orange and Spice herbal - it's quite nice. That may be on the order list too. I love orange spice teas and it would be nice to have a no caffeine version for the evening. It smells divine - heavy on the cinnamon.
Today's been just a resting day, just doing a little cleaning around the homestead. The rest of the week, I'll be rehearsing for a wedding with lots of new music and maybe doing some gardening. A good time to try some new teas!

No comments:

Post a Comment