Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another beautiful day!

I think I hit the jackpot as far as weather goes, for my holidays. It's another beautiful warm, sunny day. I finally got my pots planted outside - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, chives, broccoli, onions and leeks. I have two more pots left and I think I'll fill them with lettuce and garlic or herbs - the rest of the garlic and some peas and beans will go into the patch of cleared land in the backyard. Maybe I'll get at that tomorrow.
After doing that, I went to the mall for a haircut and some shopping. Sigh, clothes shopping just isn't as much fun as it used to be - time to lose a few pounds. But I did get a new wallet and a tin of Zhena's Gypsy Tea Iced Pineapple Green Tea. I actually thought it was just regular tea that you can serve hot - and maybe you can - but some pineapple green iced tea does sound rather nice. I confess it was mainly the tin which attracted me - a pretty yellow and silver affair. I do like their rose black tea though.
I am just finishing the last of the Bigelow tea samples - English Breakfast. Nice but nothing special. I would like to order some Bigelow teas that I can't get around here - peach green, eggnogg'n, the regular blend, the orange spice herbal blends and some things from the Charleston tea gardens but Bigelow has a nasty habit of adding another $15 onto their regular shipping charges for Canadian customers. So I could end up paying more for shipping than for the product. There is really no excuse for this - Bigelow is in Connecticut, which isn't that far from Nova Scotia and tea is a light item to ship - Harney's, which is further away, doesn't charge half that price!
Does anyone else have shipping complaints, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment