Friday, July 31, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Well, maybe not for the local wasp population. The pest control people just came by to spray not one, not two, but three wasp nests on my small property. I've been given warning not to go into the back yard for a day, which is a bit of a shame since it is a lovely day outside. I had thought about ignoring the nests but I may be getting a new roof pretty soon so I couldn't very well have people on my roof with hundred of wasps bugging them (the nests were in the eaves). Oh, the joys of home ownership. Now I have to figure out a way to approach an unknown neighbor about a tree of his that's whacking my roof - I want to cut down just the branches that are hitting it, but I do want to make him aware that I am doing it so I don't get into some neighborhood turf war. If these things are done properly, there should be no harm to the tree - I do plan to hire a professional to do this. And, if you ever saw my property, you could never accuse me of not liking trees! The place looks like a forest with a house dropped in. However, none of my trees whack anyone's roofs either.
Today, I'm drinking more of that Golden Oolong - yum - and I'm pondering a visit to a community that's offering a free fair trade coffee tasting. Might be a nice way to spend a day off in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment