Saturday, February 6, 2010

Coconut tea and musings

I have a lot of things to do this weekend so of course, I haven't done anything yet and I'm finding all sorts of pleasant diversions. Am I the only person who has raised procrastination to a fine art?
Last night, for no good reason, I began craving coconut tea. Since it was too late to make any, I went looking through my stash and found a large, unopened bag for the morning. There are times I wonder why I don't drink certain teas and this is one of them. This tea is from Metropolitan Tea and I had bought it for my tea business, well over a year ago. Since they package their bulk teas in vacuum packed bags, it's good until 2018 and when I opened the bag today, it smelled as though it was just picked. Now since the bag is opened, it's supposedly good for two years although I prefer to use it in less than a year. I don't think this stuff will make it to a year - I've already had two pots today. The tea itself is a good quality Ceylon-style black tea and there are strips of coconut in the mix. The coconut flavor is definitely there but it's not sweet, cloying or overbearing - it's just right. I'm sure this would be delicious with milk and sugar, if you're inclined that way - I'm not and it tastes quite lovely black. If you're a coconut fan, you should try this tea if you get a chance.
Now, how else shall I avoid work?

No comments:

Post a Comment