Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tea funk over!

There's nothing like rolling out of bed, going to the mailbox and finding a box of teas from Uptons! That was my happy experience this morning. I had put in an order for my old favorite, a half-pound of New England Harvest blend but Upton's also offers samples - most for a dollar. They're quite ample - you get enough for a few pots. So, who can resist trying new teas for less than buying one at Tim's? Certainly not me!
So even though the weather is still hot here, I had lots of hot tea today. I tried Summer Blend right off. When I opened the package, I got a wonderful whiff of oranges and grapefruit. Unfortunately, the scent didn't translate into flavor - but I did only try one cup. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I get a better return in a pot. At work, I took a thermos of boiling water and some T-sacs and tried Richmond Park Blend. It was nice - nothing spectacular but a good everyday blend.
This evening, I'm drinking Season's Pick Earl Grey Crème Vanilla - oh. My.
This is so good! I may have to put in another order - this is the best loose Earl Grey I've had in a long time. Not too strong but present and flavorful - it doesn't taste like cheap perfume. This is wonderful stuff. Apparently it's only $5.80 for a 250 g bag or $21.00 for 1000 g - that's incredibly cheap. I guess Upton's gets these teas in for wholesale purchases but they offer them to the public as well. I may have to try the other flavors as well.
I have several other kinds to try as well, including an interesting one called the Baker Street Afternoon blend which features keemun, Darjeeling and a bit of Lapsang Souchong. I may wait until Hurricane Bill arrives on Sunday to try that one - it just sounds perfect for a dark and stormy day. I may as well take an optimistic view of the upcoming storm - it's looking like it could be quite bad for us here in Nova Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment