Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Iced tea, please!

I haven't had hot tea in several days - which is very unusual for me! I've been drinking mainly the pineapple flavored green iced tea and my homemade iced caps, which are surprisingly easy to make. If you make coffee in a coffeemaking machine and you have a cup or two left over, don't throw it out. Let it cool down, pour into a bottle or drink container and add an equal amount of flavored coffee creamer. If you prefer, add an equal amount of milk plus some chocolate syrup. Put in the fridge for a few hours, give it a good shake and you may just find it tastier (and a lot cheaper) than the iced cappacinos you get at the coffee shops. It may take a few tries to get the right amounts for you but you can have fun adjusting it to your taste. For example, making this with hazelnut or vanilla coffee is quite nice and I've tried it with chocolate milk, soy milk and skim milk - all are good. My preference is leftover, decaf Starbucks, one per cent milk and a bit of chocolate syrup. Great on a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment