Saturday, August 8, 2009

Potato Salad

I guess I'm just making up for those days when I didn't post. It's my first day of vacation and I celebrated by sleeping in and then boiling eggs and potatoes and making a big potato salad. I make it pretty traditionally - cold potatoes and boiled eggs chopped up and mixed with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. I might throw a few of my garden-grown chives into it as well. I'll probably make a few deviled eggs to go with it, a salad from the garden, some cold ham slices and homemade pickles. For some reason, this meal screams summer to me and I usually have it at least twice during the hot days every year. Tonight will be the first time this summer so that's OK - that means there's stll lots of summer left, right?

1 comment:

  1. Do you mash your potatoes or cube them? I prefer mashed... Never tried Dijon mustard in mine, but I think I'll try it next time!

    Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete