Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting better all the time ...

It's a line from a Beatles' song and it pretty much sums up life here. Mum left the hospital today - not completely cured but so much better than she was. Antibiotics do work. In a period of 24 hours, I was amazed by the change. So the mood is much better around here.
After work today, I went into a favorite furniture store, mostly on a whim. I wanted to look at a bench but instead found a dark brown soft leather recliner sofa that's so comfortable that you literally sink into it. It had been $1299 and it was reduced to $199. Seriously. Aside from a bit of stiffness from one of the recliner sides, it's pretty much perfect. Yes, I did buy it. And yes, I did check it over. It will be delivered on the weekend, which means a major cleanup in the living room over the next 36 hours. This sofa will be replacing a 26-year old sofa with ripped seat cushions that features rust-colored flowers on a beige background - need I say more? And I'm actually paying less for this sofa than I did for the old sofa when I bought it 26 years ago. It's not everyday you can get a nice sofa for under $200. Heck, I've paid more than that for pots and pans!
I've been trying some new K-cups. I'm not hugely impressed with the Bigelow teas except for the Orange Spice, which is OK. The lemon herbal tastes almost minty and the French Vanilla Black is pretty bland - not enough vanilla. The coffees seem to work better in the Keurig. Van Houtte's Eclipse Blend is fabulous - dark and rich and perfect for an early morning wake-up call. A lady at work has given me some Korean herbal teas to try - I'm a little nervous about trying them since I do have some allergies and sensitivities but I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment