Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sometimes new not so good

I love trying new things - if possible, I want to try a new tea every day. Somedays, it means you discover a new taste treat. And other days, it's more like - "what was I thinking?"
I'm afraid today's tea falls under the second category.
This tea is called Buckingham Palace Garden Party, from theteatable.com. The sample is described as a "blend of black and green teas from Kenya, China, Sri Lanka and India (Assam), scented with jasmine and cornflower petals," which sounds harmless enough. Except I'm not a big fan of blends that use black and green teas, I tend not to like Kenyan nor Assam teas and I really don't care for jasmine. But sometimes the sum is greater than the parts and my first taste didn't seem so bad - sort of a high falutin' Earl Grey. But then the perfumy jasmine aftertaste starting taking hold and I had trouble finishing my second cup - actually I threw half of it down the sink. The tea itself was fine - if you like that sort of thing - but if you're not a fan of jasmine, it's best to stay away from this one.
On to the next cup!