Sunday, April 11, 2010

Adam's Peak and Teaberries

I drank Adam's Peak white tea today and actually enjoyed it. It's mild and has no acidity at all and that's probably why I appreciated it. Still haven't used the new bread machine and the blender - I'm still at the stage where I'm casting admiring glances and not wanting to dirty it up. But I did make brownies (from a mix) with hazelnut coffee icing and chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I also made an interesting sandwich - orange pepper jelly, cucumber and emmantaler cheese on brown bread with lettuce - pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. Tonight I finished reading the latest Laura Childs tea mystery - Teaberry something or other. It wasn't one of my favorite ones although I did read it until the end. I also got Twilight out of the Library - I'm just curious to find out what all the fuss is about. I may give it a go when I go to bed in a few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I've just read 1 of the tea shop mystery series... and didn't love it as much as I thought. Most first books in a series aren't the best, so maybe I should give it another chance? Have you read all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read them all - the middle ones are the best. I liked the Silver Needles one, which I think is the next to last. I read them mainly because of the tea references and because I have this really weird thing for afternoon tea and would love to go to a tea shop like that. Needless to say, there's no such thing around here although I've been to a few like it in Britain.
    Give them another chance - especially if you can get them at the library or for a good price.

    ReplyDelete