Friday, December 31, 2010

A few goals are good too

Because I have been on this job for three years in April, I will be entitled to three weeks vacation this year. One of my goals is actually go on a real vacation this year - leave this area and stay somewhere - as opposed to a staycation - which are nice too. I received some really nice luggage this year for Christmas and I'm itching to use it. I haven't been on a real vacation in more than 10 years (occasional weekends in the big city don't count and I haven't even done one of those in more than a year) so I think it's time for a getaway.
With three weeks, I can plan on a one week vacation in the summer and maybe leave the other two weeks for the fall and spring at home. Ideally, I would love to go to Paris or London and my sweetie is dreaming of Cuba but frankly, even a week in a neighboring province would be great at this point.
Since September, I've been saving my extra income in a separate account in a different bank so it doesn't end up going towards mundane things like bills. So far, I have $880 saved and really should have more but with Christmas, oil bills and a few annual bills due at this time of year, I'm happy to have that amount.

2 comments:

  1. $880 is a great amount saved!

    I also have 3 weeks vacation.. with holidays, it ends up being a lot of time off per year, we're lucky.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good amount for a short time period but the opportunities to make money over the next few months are going to be a little more limited so I am a little disappointed. But at least I managed to sock that much away. I find putting it in another bank stops it from going into the black hole of bill paying and me spending it!

    ReplyDelete