Sunday, December 26, 2010

T'was the day after Christmas

T'was the day after Christmas
and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
because they were stuffed and couldn't move...

And that just about sums it up here this Christmas. Two turkey dinners and too many calories yesterday and today, hitting Shoppers and Lawtons for the after Christmas chocolate and gift set deals. Yep, buying the half-price chocolate after Christmas is something of a tradition here and this year, I did hit the jackpot with lotsa Lindt, discount Toblerone and even a box of my favorite Golden BonBon nougats. I don't know if nougat freezes (it never lasts that long here) but most of the chocolate will be frozen for nibbling through the year. I also got some great gift sets in stuff I actually use - Aveeno, Nivea and Vitabath - so I'm supplied for quite a while. I even got a box of Walkers Shortbread.
But no tea! Nor coffee, which seemed a little strange. No pretty gift sets with new teas to try although I did score a pink rose tea for one set at Shoppers and I received a Twinnings tea and toast set for Christmas, complete with a metal toast rack, egg cups and a bamboo tray, which I really wanted. Still, there's always tomorrow ...

2 comments:

  1. Wow you got great stuff!! Were all your stores open or just pharmacies?

    I might venture out mid-week, but shouldn't bring any more chocolate in the house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only our drug stores were open yesterday. Everything's open today but it's terribly stormy here - more flooding - so I don't know if I'll get out to the bigger shops.
    I shouldn't bring more chocolate in but sigh ....
    I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete