Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's February!!??

The best thing about February is that it is a short month. February means snow in this part of the world and true to form, there's plenty on the ground and no warm temperatures in the foreseeable future. A good time of year to bake, cook and drink tea.
So far this week, I've made homemade peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and ginger cake with cream cheese icing. Supper tonight consisted of steak, mushrooms, roasted peppers and onions with old cheddar cheese on fresh baguette rolls - pretty tasty! I've been drinking a peach oolong from Teavana that's absolutely perfect - it smells like a garden and tastes heavenly. Probably the best tea I've had in a long while.
All in all, it was a good day until my car demanded an oil change. Yep. On a screen where the speedometer is, a message told me it had to be given an oil change immediately. Huh? I called the dealership and set up an appointment but there's something inherently distasteful about a car telling me when to service it. I know it's suppose to be done every 3,000 to 5,000 km but the car has been driven much less than that, but over a six month time period. Oh yes, and the notification can only be turned off if you take it to the dealership.
Now that sounds like built-in money grab to me.
I ask the dealership if that annoying feature can be turned off but they said no.
Yeah, right.
We'll see about that. There are mechanics in my family and I've got enough people ordering me around without the car joining in!

No comments:

Post a Comment