Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wet Times!

It's 5 C and pouring rain here. Definitely a day for vanilla cupcakes topped with cream cheese icing and sunny yellow sugar sprinkles. Fortunately, I had a half-dozen of the cupcakes in my freezer and I just finished icing and decorating them. Well, actually, I just finished eating one - quite nice, if I do say so myself.
With that, I am having a cup of loose orange spice - a wintery tea but it seems as cold as a day in early December out there.
In a way, I am almost relieved. I have to get a new oil tank and a new roof this year. I just got the oil tank filled before I found out I could get a good price on a new tank so now what I had planned to do in October will be moved up to sometime within the next month. I also have rotting boards on one section of roof so I want that repaired before some enterprising wasps build themselves a nest - so I am actually hoping for cold weather over the next three weeks so the nasties will remain napping.
Now, I am not being selfish or anything. I just want cold weather for my little spot - everyone else can have sunshine and roses - and with all the microclimates we have around here, that just might be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment